Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting to know me...


Yes, I know, I don't blog enough. BUT...I recently read Disney's post on rufflesandstuff.com and it was all about getting to know her. Love it! Some of the things that she said really inspired me to share a little of who I am, maybe even my "unlovely" side.

So, about me, let's see...
*I definately like to stay busy, it's a sickness really. If I don't have a project to do or somewhere to go, I might lose it (and it might get ugly). I have this innate sense that I need to be doing something and not sitting still, otherwise I feel not good enough, like I'm not doing all I should be - does that make sense?
This tends to lead to extreme burnout and bad attitudes. All of this tends to make for a very sad, and tired, husband, because I married a man who likes to do nothing but be at home (which definitely is cheaper and has it's good side too). My husband's motto is "I pay good money for this house, we should be here more often)...well said.

*I tend to be very spontaneous! Sounds fun, right? It is, but just not when it includes my friends who are less than spontaneous. I think every one of my friends knows that I could show up at their door, at any time, for any reason. While this makes me happy, I can see where it could add some stress to someone who isn't programmed that way. I'm honestly trying to get better at "planned visits". :-)

*My fave radio station on Pandora is "Melody Gardot", it's awesome! They play some Norah Jones, some Amos Lee, but one of my favorites is Madeline Peyroux. She mostly sings in french that I've heard, but she's so relaxing and fabulous! I love music that really speaks to my soul, even when I have no idea what she's saying! he he
Isn't she fabulous?

*I love to create!!! I don't care if it's not practical, I just feel this overwhelming urge to make the everyday things in life a little more beautiful! I lay in bed every night with a million creative ideas going through my head on how I can cover that lampshade, or make that table runner, or redo that tshirt, anything! And the part that tends to drive my husband crazy is that I love to give it away. I've tried Etsy, and taking orders from friends, but it's not half as fun as making something (like an apron - which is my favorite to make) and then showing up at their house (probably unannounced) and bringing them a gift.
So cute!!!

*I love the Lord, and I love my family and friends...those are the things that get me through those times in life when I feel that I can't go any further. You know those times? Then you remember that you're not alone, that He never leaves you, and that He has a plan for you, and in that plan are some beautiful, talented, awesome sisters to stand by you! I'm thankful for each and every one of the people God has put in my life!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I am so glad you decided to join my fall swap if you could please email me with your email address so I can send you your partner I think this is going to be so fun!!!!

Carrie
brinoah@yahoo.com

Post a Comment