Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another successful dollar store trip!

Ok, so it's spring break, and yesterday my husband says "why don't you take the kids out somewhere fun and spend $30 or so, how about Chuck E. Cheese?" Immediately my brain starts racing with pictures of kids running and screaming this way and that, and germs - oh wow, the germs that are in that place (in case you don't know this about me yet, I have a bit of a germ problem, I am always on the lookout for any germs that might attack myself or my family - but I'm not weird about it or anything :-) ya right)! So, I put my Mommy thinking cap on and decided, what's funner than Chuck E. Cheese? A trip to the dollar store where they can pick not one, not two, but 3 items each! Wow, were they happy, I was Mommy of the hour! Of course, while there I saw their family "plan it" calendars on sale for $.39/each! Amazing, these are great calendars! So needless to say, I got some for my friends.

What's even better than this, is that there was a little money left over for me to walk down the sidewalk to Michael's and look into their dollar section (which is now larger than ever before and in the BACK of the store now), and wow, the deals I found! I found some paper to use for my clothespins I had been wanting to do, some cute "farm" magnets for my dear friend Tasha who is GOING to be a farmer some day, and some VERY cute recipe cards to match the paper I had gotten. This got me thinking (you should know first off, that my love language is gifts, this will help you understand my constant thinking of who I can get something for next), I could throw a quick gift together for some friends that I am seeing for lunch today.....thus, an afternoon of crafting was born! It was so wonderful, and here are the fruits of my labor!



0 comments:

Post a Comment