Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer time woes...

Here we are only 1/4 of the way through the summer and it's already 105 with all that humidity! How does life survive here in Texas?! By getting in a swimming pool each and every day, or else not leaving the house, that's how!
I've been sewing a lot of odd projects around the house lately, I will try to post some pictures up soon; from fabric coasters, to matching dad/son "tie" tshirts (which turned out pretty good by the way), to burp cloths - which I am most proud of! Due to the number of new babies coming here in our church, I have a feeling that more and more and more burp cloths are in my future. They are my favorite kind of project...quick, easy, and beautiful! I love it when you don't have to do much, not even cut exactly right, and it looks like you spent a lot of time on something, that's definately a fave of mine.
I'm having my husband work right now on some designer cards to put my paperclips/clothespins/etc. on to maybe add onto Etsy. Etsy has become my FAVORITE website in all of the internet! Problem...I could sit for hours and look at it, just browsing and getting ideas and thinking how brilliant some of these people are who can make these beautiful things! It's not very productive to sit for hours and do this, I do not recommend it. :-)
So, that's all for now, and as I said earlier, I will try to post some pics of these items later! Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment